9 May 2018

Make sure you know who’s responsible for what, and what support is available.

If the property you own or live in has been damaged in this event, or another natural disaster – such as an earthquake – you’ll probably need to deal with repairs.

Find out more about how this event may affect you as a tenant or landlord

Temporary accommodation available

If you need to, you can now get help in finding temporary accommodation. The Temporary Accommodation Service is currently working with local authorities to assess the damage and establish how many homes will need to be repaired, and to get in touch with residents with temporary accommodation needs.

If you are affected by this event and in need of temporary accommodation, please register your details at www.temporaryaccommodation.mbie.govt.nz(external link), or call 0508 754 163 to discuss your requirements.

Back to News