Are you buying an apartment or townhouse for the first time? Not sure what a unit title is or how to deal with a body corporate?
You need to download a copy of our new booklet, Short Guide to Unit Titles. The booklet can be found on our website, along with a useful pocket card, Buying an Apartment? Know your rights!
- Short Guide to Unit Titles [PDF, 726 KB] [PDF, 726 KB]
- Buying an Apartment? Know your rights! [PDF, 465 KB] [PDF, 465 KB]
Unit titles are a type of property which is made up of privately-owned units and jointly-owned common areas. Apartments and townhouses are the most common types of unit title properties.
Short Guide to Unit Titles was produced to provide basic information about unit title properties to people who are entering the market, and well as those who already own unit title properties. It covers:
- Simple definitions of unit titles and bodies corporate
- Things you need to know before you buy
- Your rights and responsibilities
- Operational rules
- Levies and maintenance
- How to deal with disputes
The number of people living in unit title properties has grown dramatically in the last 20 years, from around 5,000 people in 1996 to more than 230,000 in 2016.
The Unit Titles website(external link) has more information.Back to News